Terms & Conditions
1. Private Safaris (Pty) Ltd. (The Company), Company Registration Number 2002/030353/07 is a registered member of the Southern African Tourism Services Association (SATSA) and possesses all licenses and permits necessary to conduct business as a tour operator in Southern Africa.
2. The Company acts as an agent/broker in packaging tours and travel arrangements utilizing the products of various travel suppliers. While the company makes every effort – to engage quality suppliers, among them airlines, hotels, tour operators and other service providers – to ensure that the various services making up the different tours will be carried out efficiently and as specified it does not have direct control over the provision of services of suppliers and shall not be liable for any loss, damage, injury, additional cost, delay, irregularity that may be occasioned by any error or default, act or omission of any supplier in carrying out the arrangement of any tour or otherwise in connection therewith.
3. The Company shall not be liable for any loss, damage, or expense of any nature whatever suffered by the client or any traveller arising from the loss of or any damage to any property; the cancellation or curtailment of any tour; sickness, quarantine, weather conditions, war, strikes, riots and/or any other cause of any nature whatever, however, caused and whether as a result of the company’s negligence or otherwise.
4. Should sickness or accident interrupt a tour, the company shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expense arising therefrom, whether as a result of the company’s negligence or otherwise; and refund, either total or partial, of money paid. The company recommends that the client takes out the necessary insurances to protect against any such eventuality.
5. Travellers shall be solely responsible for complying with the formalities required by police, customs, health and all other authorities at the point of departure, at the destination and whilst in transit.
6. The company reserves the right to decline, to accept or retain any traveller as a member of any group or on any tour at any time as a result of the non-payment of any amount due by the client or if such client interferes with any other member of any group and/or causes any disturbance or nuisance.
7. Should the company appoint a tour leader or guide in respect of any tour, then the client must accept all reasonable instructions of such tour leader or guide.
8. The company reserves the right to alter or substitute routes, refreshments, meals, accommodation, itineraries, tours, services, vehicles and/or arrangements should conditions necessitate and will offer substitutes of equal value and will endeavor to inform the client of any known changes before departure.
9. Any claim or dispute which may arise between the client and the company including any claim for loss or damage due to injury to person or property shall be resolved by arbitration in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
10. A 25% deposit must be paid 60 days prior to the date of travel. Full payment to be paid 30 days prior to date the of travel.
11. Should a reservation be cancelled, the cancellation fees as communicated with each individual quotation or confirmation will be applicable and due immediately. In case no cancellation fees were communicated with the individual quotation or confirmation, the following cancellation fees apply:
a).For FIT bookings (max 9 passengers):
1. Road transfers, boat transfers & day-excursions: cancellation received by the company less than 48 hours prior to travel date 50%, less than 24
2. Air transfers: cancellation received by the company any time after confirmation of service 100%
3. Multi-Day programs including at least one overnight: cancellation received by the company less than 31 days prior to travel date 50%, less than
22 days prior to travel date 75%, less than 15 days prior to travel date 100%
4. Stand-alone hotel bookings: cancellation received by the company less than 31 days prior to travel date 50%, less than 22 days prior to travel date
75%, less than 15 days prior to travel date 100%
b).For group bookings (more than 9 passengers):
1. Group movement including air transfers: cancellation received by the company any time after confirmation of service 100%
2. Group movement excluding air transfers: cancellation received by the company any time after confirmation of service 20%, cancellation received
less than 31 days prior to travel date 50%, less than 22 days prior to travel date 75%, less than 15 days prior to travel date 100%
c).The cancellation fee as communicated with each individual quotation or confirmation prevails.